Umain is a digital product design and software engineering consultancy that is committed to help organisations uncover opportunities and realise them at pace. They apply an entrepreneurial mindset and practice the art of possible to get things done. They create impact by putting humans in the centre of decisions and by leveraging future technology.
They are made up of 50 people of all ages: a marvellous mix of coders, designers, and business people from different backgrounds and different parts of the world. What they all share is a passion for creating great work for their clients. Since 2001 they’ve been part of more than 100 innovative projects helping brands grow, creating value and increasing profit for local and global clients like McDonald’s, XXL, Espresso House, MTG, Fortum, TV4, IKEA, Autoliv and many more.
As a Design Director at Umain, you will partner with two other Directors (from the Business and Tech departments) to form a studio, and together you form the managing unit for every project assigned to your studio.
Responsibilities & delivery
- Form a tight bond with Tech & Business Directors in your studio to ensure that delivery is shaped equally excellent in three aspects: Design, Tech, Business.
- Transform complex and abstract business challenges into well-articulated, tangible design strategy documentation and communicate/execute it clearly throughout the project.
- Rapidly transform business and user challenges into tangible prototypes and solutions.
- Support New Business & Sales: participating in pitches & proposals, proactively spotting opportunities and bringing those back to the Studio.
- Ensure spotless delivery in every aspect, from Figma boards to long term strategy solutions.
- Mentor and help boost team's development in an open and friendly forum, manage theirs and communicate your expectations clearly and regularly.
- Identify the need for new talent, resources, and/or investments within the scope of the project.
- Secure excellent integration between the Studio and Design Team.
- Lead by example and share your excellent knowledge and experience with Product Design, UX trends, and best practices among the extended team.
This is you, right? Let us know below.